Saturday, February 13, 2016

Sauteed Escarole

Scarole saltate
I love the sauteed escarole and I am glad to have also found this vegetable in a grocery store in Usa. With this recipe, you can cook the escarole as you like; I like the escarole less cooked and more crisp, so I cook it over medium-high heat just for a few minutes, while if I want more tender and well cooked escarole, I cook it on low heat until tender.
Preparation time: 5 minutes

Cooking time: about 20 minutes

Class: economy-very healthy

Serves 2

Ingredients:

Extra virgin olive oil, about 8 tbsp.

1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped

About 1 lb. (450g) escarole, clean

Salt to taste
 
Method:
Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the garlic and sauté. Add the escarole and cook over medium-low heat, stirring often, until tender. Season with salt and serve.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment